I am an Empath. Are you?
I am an Empath, on a spiritual journey. Like everyone on a spiritual journey I am learning as I go from the infinite amounts of information – as is the universe.
The thing is with information… I have learned that you can read it until you are blue in the face. If you don’t practice, if you don’t live your spirituality, you are not going to get anywhere.
You have to make a decision to LIVE and them go with it. #30DaysOfGratitude has brought me to be more focused and more in tune with my emotions. I am recognising where energy is coming from; owning energy which is mine and discarding the negatives. All this came from making myself see the good in every day. If you haven’t yet done this challenge I highly recommend it to get you thinking positively.
okay so are you an Empath?
Here are some traits of an empath, read through them… if you relate to most of them you are more than likely an empath.
1. Empaths often have the ability to draw others to them. This includes children and animals as they have a warmth and compassion that is beyond normal. You may find that strangers always talk to you if you are an empath.
2. Can appear moody, shy, aloof, disconnected: Depending on how an empath is feeling will depend on what face they show to the world. They can be prone to mood swings and if they’ve taken on too much negative will appear quiet and unsociable, even miserable.
3. Empaths are daydreamers that have difficulty keeping focused. This is common with people who deal more in emotion and neglect other areas of their mind. An empath can stare into space for hours, in a world of their own and be blissfully happy.
4. They struggle to comprehend acts of cruelty and crime that involves hurting others.
5. They struggle to comprehend suffering in the world and are often idealists who theorise about fixing the world’s problems.
6. Always looking out for the underdog: Anyone whose suffering, in emotional pain or being bullied draws an empath’s attention and compassion. They are therefore often found working as volunteers, with people, animals or the environment.
7. Love of nature and animals: Being outdoors in nature is a must for empaths and pets are an essential part of their life.
7. They are expressive so they can often be found in areas of music, dancing, acting, drawing, or writing an empath will have a strong creative streak and a vivid imagination.
8. They can be good listeners as they generally have an interest in other people. An empath won’t talk about themselves much unless it’s to someone they really trust. They love to learn and know about others and genuinely care.
9. Empaths are emotionally sensitive to violence and general chaos.
10. Empaths are sensitive to loud noise and television. In particular, television programs that depict emotional drama.
11. They avoid disharmony caused by emotionally turbulent situations. This type of situation can easily create an uncomfortable feeling because an Empath feels this emotion.
12. Empaths are quiet achievers but expressive in areas of emotional connection. They find that talking about emotional issues is a great outlet that aids in understanding themselves and others.
13. They can be focused outward, toward what others feel, rather than themselves. This is a common trait to many people who have not gone through a process of self-development.
14. Feeling others emotions and taking them on as your own: This is a huge one for empaths. To some they will feel emotions off those nearby and with others they will feel emotions from those a vast distance away, or both. The more adept empath will know if someone is having bad thoughts about them, even from great distance.
15. You know when someone is not being honest: If a friend or a loved one is telling you lies you know it (although many empaths try not to focus on this because knowing a loved one is lying can be painful). Or if someone is saying one thing but feeling/thinking another, you know.
16. Picking up physical symptoms off another: An empath will almost always develop the ailments off another (colds, eye infections, body aches and pains) especially those they’re closest to, somewhat like sympathy pains.
17. Digestive disorders and lower back problems: The solar plexus chakra is based in the centre of the abdomen and it’s known as the seat of emotions. This is where empaths feel the incoming emotion of another, which can weaken the area and eventually lead to anything from stomach ulcers to IBS (too many other conditions to list here). Lower back problems can develop from being ungrounded (amongst other things) and one, who has no knowledge of them being an empath, will almost always be ungrounded.
18. Others will want to offload their problems on you, even strangers: An empath can become a dumping ground for everyone else’s issues and problems, which, if they’re not careful can end up as their own.
19. Constant fatigue: Empaths often get drained of energy, either from energy vampires or just taking on too much from others, which even sleep will not cure. Many get diagnosed with ME.
20. They are likely to have had, other paranormal experiences in their life. This could be astral projection, psychic ability or a variety of other experiences.
21. Like many people on a spiritual path Empaths frequently experience déjà vu and synchronicities. This is something that occurs to everyone however Empaths are often more aware and therefore ‘look out’ for it.
22. Empaths just know stuff, without being told. It’s a knowing that goes way beyond intuition or gut feelings, even though that is how many would describe the knowing. The more attuned they are the stronger this gift becomes.
23. Being in public places can be overwhelming: Places like shopping malls, supermarkets or stadiums where there are lots of people around can fill the empath with turbulently vexed emotions that are coming from others.
24. Need for solitude: An empath will go stir-crazy if they don’t get quiet time. This is even obvious in empathic children.
25. Strives for the truth: This becomes more prevalent when an empath discovers his/her gifts and birthright. Anything untruthful feels plain wrong.
26. Always looking for the answers and knowledge: To have unanswered questions can be frustrating for an empath and they will endeavour to find an explanation. If they have a knowing about something they will look for confirmation. The downside to this is an information overload.
27. Abhors clutter: It makes an empath feel weighed down and blocks the flow of energy.
28.Prone to carry weight without necessarily overeating: The excess weight is a form of protection to stop the negative incoming energies having as much impact.
29. Intolerance to narcissism: Although kind and often very tolerant of others, empaths do not like to be around overly egotistical people, who put themselves first and refuse to consider another’s feelings or points of view other than their own.
30. The ability to feel the days of the week: An empath will get the ‘Friday Feeling’ if they work Fridays or not. They pick up on how the collective are feeling. The first couple of days of a long, bank holiday weekend (Easter for example) can feel, to them, like the world is smiling, calm and relaxed. Sunday evenings, Mondays and Tuesdays, of a working week, have a very heavy feeling.
All Empaths have precognition, premonitions, nightmares, constant illnesses with no medical cause (due to picking up on others illness), the ability to feel the truth and converse telepathically before an event has taken place and a tendency to not be able to control their emotions which can result in the energy from their intense feelings can cause electrical shortages and malfunctions in anything that uses electric.
Some Empaths are so powerful that telekinesis (moving things with mind energy) can manifest when they are very unbalanced emotionally. Children and Animals have an affinity with Empaths and will always feel at ease with one due to their healing nature. Attracting energies that need healing is another regular experience that Empaths endure and tend to find themselves in situations that challenge their ability to counsel and support those that are suffering from mental and physical illness. It is not uncommon to find that the manifestation of constant lower energies creates physical responses in the form of anxiety attacks and mood fluctuations.
Empaths are drawn to healing and holistic therapies. They don’t necessarily need to educate themselves on much as it is within them to already know and channel energy to create harmony and balance despite being unbalanced themselves from others energies. Although many empaths would love to heal others they can end up turning away from being healers (even though they have a natural ability for it), after they’ve studied and qualified, because they take on too much from the one they are trying to heal. Especially if they are unaware of their empathy.
If you would like to feature as a writer on 8ight contact me on email@example.com links are always included to your site and social media therefore leaving all credit in tact.
Last but not least you can fill in your email addy in the “you have mail” box (in the right hand column or in the bottom right hand corner), click the “follow” button and have up coming posts delivered to your email. *Try it – it’s as good as having your dog bring your newspaper to you in the mornings*
AND THANK YOU for stopping by!!